When it comes to growing your business, the ingredients are straightforward: have a good product/service, understand your customers’ needs, have good, clean customer data, and deliver an exemplary customer experience every time. Do those four things better than everyone else and your company always lands on the top of the heap. Fail to do any one of these things and you end up being mediocre at best and maybe do not survive.
Have you had an experience like one of my recent ones where I was pitched by a reputable company that had not done the research about me as a customer? The pitch was so far off-base that it was actually insulting to me. Sure, they had a good product, but because they didn’t understand my needs as a customer and battered me so much on the phone, I was left with only a poor customer experience. It’s likely that I’ll never do business with them or their sister companies in the future.
The experience left me completely baffled. How could this large company with a great reputation miss the mark so completely? Was it just Big Data gone so wrong? I, the data point, had to be an outlier in the query or was included from the use of an erroneous criterion. Fine, I should not have been included but certainly once I made that point clear, use some common sense over the scripting instead of badgering me to set up a meeting.
We are all working hard to grow our customer base, to increase our market share, but let’s keep in mind that aggressive agents easily cause market damage in the process of trying to produce sales. How often are you putting your customers at the wrong end of Big Data? Are there large numbers opting out of emails or asking to be removed from mailing or phone lists because the Big Data set simply got it wrong? How close are you to getting it right, with Big Data and an effective customer strategy?
Stop fighting with your data. In today’s data-driven world, it’s a battle you must win. Customer Relationship Metrics can help you with all of your Big Data needs. Contact us today for your risk-free assessment.
- Where Are You on The Spectrum of Agent Performance - July 27, 2017
- How many things should be measured on my Quality Monitoring Form? - May 17, 2017
- Best Practices for your Quality Monitoring Form - May 12, 2017
- What is the best scale for customer satisfaction surveys? - May 8, 2017
- How to take action with Call Center Analytics - May 1, 2017
- How many calls should agents handle in an hour? - April 19, 2017
- You are Doing First Call Resolution Wrong - March 31, 2017
- For People on the Verge of Tripping on the self-service Line - December 6, 2016
- Justin Robbins CCDemo interview takes me back to Kindergarten - November 4, 2016
- How many chat sessions can agents handle? - September 9, 2016