How many of you remember getting a gold star from your teacher for good work or good behavior? I remember thinking that the tiny little symbol filled me with a sense of pride for a job well done. What we find over and over again in our External Quality Monitoring programs is that call center agents want to feel empowered and they thrive on performance recognition. Just like those gold stars from our younger years, when call center agents are held accountable for resolving customer complaints quickly and efficiently, and they are provided the tools to improve their performance, it’s not hard to see the link between satisfied agents and quality customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.
“I recently called about a phone connectivity issue I was having at my house. I was transferred directly to the right person and my issue was resolved professionally and quickly. I was surprised that a company so big had such a streamlined call center.”
“After my appliance arrived last week one of your agents phoned me at home to do a post-purchase survey. I usually don’t entertain those things, but your contact center agent was so cheery on the phone I couldn’t help but participate.”
“I was initially quite upset when I was billed incorrectly for service but when I called your customer service center your agent listened to me intently, resolved the billing issue efficiently and was very pleasant to deal with.”
Gold stars to those who earn them!
- How many things should be measured on my Quality Monitoring Form? - May 17, 2017
- Best Practices for your Quality Monitoring Form - May 12, 2017
- What is the best scale for customer satisfaction surveys? - May 8, 2017
- How to take action with Call Center Analytics - May 1, 2017
- How many calls should agents handle in an hour? - April 19, 2017
- You are Doing First Call Resolution Wrong - March 31, 2017
- For People on the Verge of Tripping on the self-service Line - December 6, 2016
- Justin Robbins CCDemo interview takes me back to Kindergarten - November 4, 2016
- How many chat sessions can agents handle? - September 9, 2016
- How we avoided contact center survey shelfware - May 16, 2016