How many of you remember getting a gold star from your teacher for good work or good behavior? I remember thinking that the tiny little symbol filled me with a sense of pride for a job well done. What we find over and over again in our External Quality Monitoring programs is that call center agents want to feel empowered and they thrive on performance recognition. Just like those gold stars from our younger years, when call center agents are held accountable for resolving customer complaints quickly and efficiently, and they are provided the tools to improve their performance, it’s not hard to see the link between satisfied agents and quality customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.
“I recently called about a phone connectivity issue I was having at my house. I was transferred directly to the right person and my issue was resolved professionally and quickly. I was surprised that a company so big had such a streamlined call center.”
“After my appliance arrived last week one of your agents phoned me at home to do a post-purchase survey. I usually don’t entertain those things, but your contact center agent was so cheery on the phone I couldn’t help but participate.”
“I was initially quite upset when I was billed incorrectly for service but when I called your customer service center your agent listened to me intently, resolved the billing issue efficiently and was very pleasant to deal with.”
Gold stars to those who earn them!
- How we avoided contact center survey shelfware - May 16, 2016
- Coach teenagers like you coach contact center agents - April 18, 2016
- Are you a cool contact center manager? - April 13, 2016
- My Customer Experience Insights from Egypt - March 25, 2016
- Why do customer experience leaders get promoted? - March 8, 2016
- Amazing: 13-year olds are leading contact centers - June 16, 2015
- What can contact centers learn from Tom Brady’s balls? - May 13, 2015
- Customer Service Leaders are Ready to Invest in these Solutions - April 30, 2015
- 5 Ways to Show Customers Love and Get it in Return - February 12, 2015
- Unearthing Time to Coach Contact Center Agents - January 28, 2015