When was the last time you woke up and thought, “I can’t wait to have a relationship with my utility company today!” Probably never.
The truth is, most people don’t care about having a relationship with your company until they’re unhappy with your products and services. Then they can’t wait to tell their friends and followers in social media about it. Negative, public customer complaints put companies and call center agents in the position to be reactive with angry customers instead of proactive and positive. And angry customers force companies to respond and resolve complaints almost immediately putting additional pressure on your already busy call center. When immediate restructuring of call center operations to handle customer complaints in social media can’t be immediately established, how will your call center respond to your disgruntled customers (and their rants in social media channels) quickly and adequately? How will you stop damage to your brand image online if you call center is either understaffed or ill-equipped to handle customer complains in social media?
We explore the 11 Steps to Social Media Success for Contact Centers in a no-charge ebook. It is possible for the social customer experience to be a positive one; is this in your customer experience analytic strategy? Customer comments like these can deliver valuable insights:
“I direct messaged your company about an install problem I was having with an appliance and to my surprise I was messaged back almost immediately with a solution. I was up and running in no time.”
“When I couldn’t get through to your call center agents on phone I posted my complaint online and within minutes I was contacted. I only wish you would have picked up the phone and saved me the step!”
“When I was having issues with my warranty and your call center agents were giving me the run-around I posted a comment on your company Facebook page and was messaged back right away. Next time I’ll skip calling all together and just go online.”
- How many chat sessions can agents handle? - September 9, 2016
- How we avoided contact center survey shelfware - May 16, 2016
- Coach teenagers like you coach contact center agents - April 18, 2016
- Are you a cool contact center manager? - April 13, 2016
- My Customer Experience Insights from Egypt - March 25, 2016
- Why do customer experience leaders get promoted? - March 8, 2016
- Amazing: 13-year olds are leading contact centers - June 16, 2015
- What can contact centers learn from Tom Brady’s balls? - May 13, 2015
- Customer Service Leaders are Ready to Invest in these Solutions - April 30, 2015
- 5 Ways to Show Customers Love and Get it in Return - February 12, 2015