This article was created from the Customer Insights to Action (CIA) Bulletin Newsletter; subscribe.
Dr. Jodie, we want to implement a Voice of the Customer survey program in our contact center but we aren’t sure where to start. What do you suggest? – Arnold H.
Thanks for your question Arnold, but actually I suggest that you NOT implement a VoC survey program.
Instead, create an External Quality Monitoring (eQM) program to most effectively serve the needs of your call center and your customers without the burden of adding low-value activities. A VoC survey program is a short-sighted choice for your contact center.
Unfortunately VoC survey programs are focused on data gathering but lack the solid foundation necessary to convert analysis in actionable change. Arnold, why would you gather customer feedback if not for the purpose of making actionable change? Customers only share their feelings about your products and services because they want you to do something with that information, so, a low-value comment card feeling survey is not going to lead your agents to become the influencers of perception that is required.
These are some of the reasons why VoC survey programs fail. If you want to know what would really influence your customers’ perception of your products and service, think eQM program and not survey program. The desired outcome should be high-value activities that lead to Contact Center Quality Transformations (see chart).
I hope this information helps you and gets your call center on the right path.
- Where Are You on The Spectrum of Agent Performance - July 27, 2017
- How many things should be measured on my Quality Monitoring Form? - May 17, 2017
- Best Practices for your Quality Monitoring Form - May 12, 2017
- What is the best scale for customer satisfaction surveys? - May 8, 2017
- How to take action with Call Center Analytics - May 1, 2017
- How many calls should agents handle in an hour? - April 19, 2017
- You are Doing First Call Resolution Wrong - March 31, 2017
- For People on the Verge of Tripping on the self-service Line - December 6, 2016
- Justin Robbins CCDemo interview takes me back to Kindergarten - November 4, 2016
- How many chat sessions can agents handle? - September 9, 2016