Launching a customer-centric approach with Quality Assurance
Dr. Jodie, we want to change our existing approach to a more customer-centric approach. Where is the best place to start? – John D.
Thanks for your question, John. Changing from a product-centric or company-centric approach to a customer-centric approach will certainly serve your company well in the long-run. Be prepared that the changeover will be a challenge as you relearn engrained behaviors – but it’s worth it. When you undertake what we call the Quality Assurance Transformation Process, you must do away with your old company- or product-centric behaviors, change your way of thinking, and act to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
To have a more customer-centric approach the first thing to do is stop think like a company and to start thinking like your customers. The customer experience is not what you (the company) think it is or how you think it should be, so be honest and admit that this defines your currently strategy. Truly shifting your way of thinking and continuously measuring the customer experience identifies the gaps between what YOU think is an excellent customer experience and what the CUSTOMER thinks is excellent.
You are not alone to be struggling with a gap between the two. John, this quality transformation dramatically enhances the development of healthy and strong customer relationships. Customer Relationship Metrics has created a contact center quality transformation chart that represents the overall summary for the Quality Assurance Transformation Process. Please use it as you frame you build your customer-centric approach. Don’t be an organization that talks a good game but then doesn’t deliver on its stated mission. – Dr. Jodie
This page was created in part for the Customer Insights to Action (CIA) Bulletin Newsletter; register here to subscribe.
- Where Are You on The Spectrum of Agent Performance - July 27, 2017
- How many things should be measured on my Quality Monitoring Form? - May 17, 2017
- Best Practices for your Quality Monitoring Form - May 12, 2017
- What is the best scale for customer satisfaction surveys? - May 8, 2017
- How to take action with Call Center Analytics - May 1, 2017
- How many calls should agents handle in an hour? - April 19, 2017
- You are Doing First Call Resolution Wrong - March 31, 2017
- For People on the Verge of Tripping on the self-service Line - December 6, 2016
- Justin Robbins CCDemo interview takes me back to Kindergarten - November 4, 2016
- How many chat sessions can agents handle? - September 9, 2016