So you use skills-based routing for your call center, but your organization doesn’t think it’s necessary to apply the same principles to social CRM to be successful? Sure, the marketing department may be responsible for promoting products and service offers online, but it’s a big stretch for them to handle complex customer service issues on your social service channels.
We’ve talked about the importance of not ‘chasing the smoke’ that clutters social customer service channels so it is worthwhile to also focus on which internal departments are responding to the customer comments. You want to maximize sales opportunities by directing those comments or inquiries to those with sales training. If there are posts with a question about a return, it is likely that the call center is best to effectively handle the issue for a speedy exchange. When social media customer interactions are managed correctly and promptly, it’s an experience that enhances the relationship for the customer and is, therefore, a big win for the company.
“I tweeted your customer service handle about an install issue I was having with your product. To my surprise I was direct messaged by your service department within five minutes and the issue was quickly resolved.”
“I just called to place an order with your company. Before I gave my credit card information they asked if I had any discounts to redeem. In fact I did have a 20% discount code I received from becoming a Facebook fan.”
“A lot of people have been beating up your product online for not being reliable, myself included. I almost fell out of my chair when I was emailed a note of explanation from the company president with a free offer replacement. I guess they were listening to us!”
- How we avoided contact center survey shelfware - May 16, 2016
- Coach teenagers like you coach contact center agents - April 18, 2016
- Are you a cool contact center manager? - April 13, 2016
- My Customer Experience Insights from Egypt - March 25, 2016
- Why do customer experience leaders get promoted? - March 8, 2016
- Amazing: 13-year olds are leading contact centers - June 16, 2015
- What can contact centers learn from Tom Brady’s balls? - May 13, 2015
- Customer Service Leaders are Ready to Invest in these Solutions - April 30, 2015
- 5 Ways to Show Customers Love and Get it in Return - February 12, 2015
- Unearthing Time to Coach Contact Center Agents - January 28, 2015