Join the club if you thought your company executed a world-class customer experience Voice of the Customer (VoC) program but now are struggling to identify actionable insights from the customer feedback. The primary goal is to succeed at the necessary process changes and customer initiatives to improve customer experience, so you must dig deep and ask customer experience focused-questions during your post-call IVR surveys. You get into the club by ending up with data that yields useless results. I wish there were no membership dues for this club but the cost is actually quite high.
There are many ways to get into this club, but for the purpose of this post let’s just focus on the content of the survey questions. You’ve heard the expression, “garbage in, garbage out”? If you’re questions are too market research-focused, you aren’t going deep enough into the customer experience to identify the key issues. A customer experience VoC approach seeks to holistically validate the customer findings. Designing your questions from this perspective will allow you to put the WHY behind these critical metrics and extract those critical customer insights. Without the depth of analysis you will condemned to be in the ineffectual club, always lacking the actionable customer initiatives that drive value.
Your customers are engaged enough in the relationship to provide feedback and rightly expect the analysis to result in action. Don’t be surprised if your customers can spot the “garbage in, garbage out” quality of your measurement program. If the analysis leaves you wondering “so what?”, it likely that your customers had the same thought. Target your post-call IVR survey questions to drive toward the continuous improvement of the experience for your customers.
If you’re struggling with the design and execution of you’re VoC programs, Customer Relationship Metrics can help. Don’t be satisfied with ineffectual club you’re in! Complete our free assessment to help you build a program that will suit your needs.
- Where Are You on The Spectrum of Agent Performance - July 27, 2017
- How many things should be measured on my Quality Monitoring Form? - May 17, 2017
- Best Practices for your Quality Monitoring Form - May 12, 2017
- What is the best scale for customer satisfaction surveys? - May 8, 2017
- How to take action with Call Center Analytics - May 1, 2017
- How many calls should agents handle in an hour? - April 19, 2017
- You are Doing First Call Resolution Wrong - March 31, 2017
- For People on the Verge of Tripping on the self-service Line - December 6, 2016
- Justin Robbins CCDemo interview takes me back to Kindergarten - November 4, 2016
- How many chat sessions can agents handle? - September 9, 2016