Dr. Jodie, we are ready to transform our customer experiences in the New Year. What is the first step to customer centric? – Jane B.
Thank you for your question, Jane. When you undertake what we call the Quality Assurance Transformation Process, the first step to customer centric you must take is to change your way of thinking from the product or company mindset to a customer-centric one. You may think, but we are doing that Jodie. Forgive me for doubting. Saying that you are doing it and actually doing it are entirely different. Case and point: why would you need to transform your customer experiences in the New Year? This shift is substantial and affects the processes, people and sometimes philosophies of a contact center.
1) How are we, as an organization, doing at representing our company to customers?
2) What can we, as an organization, do to get better at representing our company to customers?
3) How is this particular agent doing at representing our organization to customers?
4) What can we, as managers, do to help this agent get better at representing our organization to customers?
Once you’ve answered these questions honestly, you can identify the gaps that exist in your organization and where you should start in order to become more customer centric. My guess is that you are heavily focused on #3 with little attention and true processes for the others. When it comes to shifting your mindset, you must clearly understand from where you are starting before you can identify where you need to go.
The first step to customer centric
I hope this information is helpful to you, Jane. as you embark on your transformation process. Be sure to download our new eBook to avoid the common pitfalls in the Quality Assurance Transformation process. Oh, so maybe the first step to customer centric is getting the ebook.
- Where Are You on The Spectrum of Agent Performance - July 27, 2017
- How many things should be measured on my Quality Monitoring Form? - May 17, 2017
- Best Practices for your Quality Monitoring Form - May 12, 2017
- What is the best scale for customer satisfaction surveys? - May 8, 2017
- How to take action with Call Center Analytics - May 1, 2017
- How many calls should agents handle in an hour? - April 19, 2017
- You are Doing First Call Resolution Wrong - March 31, 2017
- For People on the Verge of Tripping on the self-service Line - December 6, 2016
- Justin Robbins CCDemo interview takes me back to Kindergarten - November 4, 2016
- How many chat sessions can agents handle? - September 9, 2016